2 1/2 cup flour
2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup corn oil
2 1/2 cup grated carrots
(it also calls for pineapple and nuts, but I don't care for either, so I left em out.)
1 cup butter, room temp.
6 oz cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla (preferrably imported from mexico)
4 cup powdered sugar
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and cream heese. beat until mixture is smooth and flugffy. add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix well. turn mixture to high speed and whip for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly fluffy.
1. preheat oven to 350. grease and lightly flour 2 9-inch round cake pans. in large bowl, sift dry ingredients and mix slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Pour in oil and mix again.
2. stir grted carrots into batter. do not overmix.
3. pour batter into prepared pans. bake about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. remove pans from oven and place on wire racks to cool for about 10 min.
4. invert cakes over wire racks to release the cakes. cool completely before frosting.
5. prepare frosting while cakes coold. spread cakes with frosting.